FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!
A FREE DAY OF FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Worldwide Free Comic Book Day Comes to Laredo with Comics for All Ages!
GamersCircle Comics in Folsom, CA is one of thousands of comic book shops around the world celebrating the comic book art form on Saturday, May 7th. On Free Comic Book Day, over 2.7 million comic books will be given away by participating stores, introducing as many people as possible to the wonders of comic books!
Celebrating its tenth year, Free Comic Book Day has proven to be a smashing success, spreading the word that comics are terrific reading. “Even if you have never picked up a comic book, stop into GamersCircle Comics, because you never know what you will end up finding.
We at GamersCircle Comics want to spread the word that comics are perfect for today’s times. Comic books and graphic novels are considered hip, hot and smart. Comic Books have propelled to the front ranks of pop culture, many being adapted into movies. The first weekend of May is going to be a big day in the comic book world.
Regular updates, information about comic books, and a list of participating publishers and their free comics are all online on the Free Comic Book Day website.
Free Comic Book Day kicks off at 10AM and runs until 6PM at GamersCircle Comics, 608-B East Bidwell St Folsom CA, 95630. Call 916-357-5615 for more information.
- FCBD is always the first Saturday in May!
- FCBD is celebrating its 10th Anniversary this year. Ten years of a wonderful community event!
- The event started in 2002 (May 4, the day after the first Spider-Man movie)
- This year, more than 2.7 million comic books will be given away at over 2,000 shops worldwide and in all 50 states.
- Unlike the video, music, or book industries where big chains predominate (such as Waldenbooks, Blockbuster, etc.), there is no big national chain in the comic book industry. Each store is independently owned and operated by someone in your community. So each store reflects that community and is a part of it. When you go to a comic book store, you’re supporting local business AND supporting independent business, in addition to supporting a terrific art form.