Tag Archives: Everyone
It would seem that next week’ [8/13/2014] will have about 99% of the comics that were shorted from this week’ [8/6/2014] and then the other 1% will show up over the next two weeks.
Why Not This Week?:
Dear Diamond Customer:
As posted on the Retailer Services Website, Diamond performed a necessary upgrade to the logistics software that manages its hub operations in the Olive Branch Distribution Center on July 26 and 27.
Unfortunately, some issues have arisen that did not present themselves during our extensive testing. These issues have impacted the processing of Direct Ship Reorders placed after July 25 and Reship Reorders that would have been picked and packed this week for delivery with product on sale August 13.
Please be advised that Reship Reorders will be delayed by at least one week, and Direct Ship Reorders will be delayed by one or more days.
While Diamond’s Logistics and IT staffs are working alongside specialists from the company’s software consultants to address the issues, it has not yet been determined when reorder shipping will return to its normal schedule. Diamond Daily and the website will provide updates as more information becomes available.
Diamond apologizes for the inconvenience, and thanks you for your patience as we work to resolve these issues. If you have additional questions regarding this advisory, please contact your Diamond Retailer Services Representative. Thank you.
Dear Diamond Customer:
Diamond Comic Distributors’ Olive Branch Distribution Center and IT staffs, along with our software consultants, are making good progress in addressing issues that came to light following a planned software and hardware upgrade at the facility. We first advised you of these issues via email on July 29.
“Despite the challenges we encountered due to issues that didn’t arise in numerous tests, most Direct Ship Reorders will be shipped this week,” says Diamond’s Olive Branch Executive Director Shawn Hamrick. “As we move into the week of August 4, every effort will be made to ship Direct Ship Reorders by the end of the day if they are placed before the appropriate cutoff time.
“I should remind our customers that this is never guaranteed,” Hamrick said, “and it may take an additional day or more as we work through the backlog created during this disruption.
“Everyone here at the Distribution Center deeply appreciates the patience of our customers,” Hamrick added, “as we do all that we can to get back on our normal schedules.”
This May, the character that took the world by storm returns for a brand-new series in MILES MORALES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1. Legendary writer Brian Michael Bendis and New York Times Bestselling artist David Marquez are back for “Revival” – one of the biggest Spider-Man stories of the year!
Miles is back in action with a new status quo and a brand new outlook. But his new lease on life is short lived, as one of Peter Parker’s greatest foes returns to the fold, ready to leave New York City a smoldering ruin! S.H.I.E.L.D. is no more – and it’s up to Miles to take down one of the most dangerous foes in the entire Ultimate Universe!
And Miles will come face to face with Peter Parker’s legacy in a way you’ve never seen before – with a last page so shocking that EVERYONE will be talking!
“Spider-Man’s greatest enemy will haunt Miles Morales,” says editor Mark Paniccia, “and in more ways than one. This is going to break all kinds of molds. Readers are going to flip.”
“The reaction to Miles is one of the great joys of my life and career. I am so excited to join David [Marquez] and Justin [Ponsor] for the next and the new,” says series writer Brian Michael Bendis. “I am going to have to unplug my computer when this issue ships…”
As Miles new journey begins, he’ll go head-to-head with one of the greatest Spidey villains in history, not to mention a last page that will have USM fans screaming! You do not want to miss one of the biggest issues of the year when MILES MORALES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1 explodes into comic shops this May!
GamersCircle Comics is excited to offer the Magic Core Set 2014 Prerelease on Saturday, July 13th & Sunday, July 14th! This exciting event is the very first time you can play with Magic Core Set 2014 product.
Experience the next Magic: The Gathering set a week before it goes on sale!
Magic Core Set 2014 includes the return of Slivers along with new versions of popular planeswalkers Chandra Nalaar and Garruk Wildspeaker.
Play in any Prerelease to get six booster packs of Magic Core Set 2014 to build your sealed deck.
Those that play will receive a Prerelease Promotional Foil Megantic Sliver. (while supplies last!)
Prize Pool: Magic 2014 packs
(x 4 x # of players).
Top 1/3 get 7 PACKS!
Middle 1/3 get 3 PACKS!
Bottom 1/3 get 2 PACKS!
Entry Fee: $25.00 per player.
Both Saturday and Sunday, the doors will open at 10am and the tournament will start at 11am.