Tag Archives: Miles Morales
New York, NY—June 24th, 2015— The Marvel Universe returns this fall, and at the forefront, a brand new band of Earth’s mightiest lead the charge as the premier team of the Marvel Universe. Tony Stark, a.k.a. Iron Man, returns to lead an all-new and all-different team Avengers – Captain America [Sam Wilson], Thor [Jane Foster], Vision, and the unlikeliest of heroes – Miles Morales, a.k.a. Spider-Man, Nova, and Ms. Marvel! Today, Marvel is pleased to announce ALL-NEW ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #1 – a new ongoing series from blockbuster writer Mark Waid (Daredevil, S.H.I.E.L.D.) and artistic duties from Adam Kubert (Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows) and Mahmud Asrar (All-New X-Men).
Kicking off the new series, writer Mark Waid plans no training period and a baptismal by chaos and WAR! “As faithful NOVA readers will recognize, the main villain in our first story – Warbringer – has strong ties to Sam Alexander [a.k.a. Nova], but does Sam dare confess this to the team after the havoc Warbringer wreaks in New York City??”
Waid also plans to place hurdle after hurdle in front of this new team including a challenge a majority of people have to deal with every day – financial responsibility. “One of the Avengers’ often-undiscussed ‘superpowers’ has always been Tony Stark’s boundless fortune. As readers of Brian Bendis’s upcoming INVINCIBLE IRON MAN will see, Tony can no longer be the team’s sole financial resource–meaning that our Avengers will have to operate a little more modestly and with limits to their resources, making their battles even more challenging.”
The Avengers assemble this fall for a team that will truly live up to the name the series title implicitly states that is all-new, all-different, and like no other Avengers team ever. “This team is a group of characters that you’ve never seen operate together before, no matter how long you may have been reading comics, and yet it’s also a team that upholds the Avengers’ traditions—there’s nobody among these characters that you look at and feel hasn’t earned their place on the team or in the spotlight, the way some past Avengers occasionally have,” says Marvel Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. “And it’s possibly the most real-world reflective Avengers team of all time, with only a single white male to be found amidst the membership rolls.”
The Avengers assemble this fall as the Marvel’s mightiest take on all-new foes, all-new challenges and present an all-new team in ALL-NEW ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #1!
Welcome to the All-New X-Men, Miles Morales – hope you survive the experience! Today, Marvel is proud to offer your first look at ALL-NEW X-MEN #32, from superstar writer Brian Michael Bendis and new ongoing artist & Marvel All-New Young Gun Mahmud Asrar! Dimension hopping has become a rite of passage for the X-Men and the All-New X-Men are no exception! Stranded and scattered across the Ultimate Universe, the All-New X-Men must find their way back to each other if they have any hope of finding their way back home! Thankfully, they might get a little help from the one and only Ultimate Spider-Man, Miles Morales! But some of the Ultimate Universe’s heaviest hitting villains might have a thing or two to say about that! Don’t miss the story that will have everyone talking when ALL-NEW X-MEN #32 swings into comic shops this September!
The Marvel Spider-Man panel (Across the Spider-Verse) wrapped up a few moments ago, and here’s our summary of what was covered.
- If you aren’t familiar with the Spider-verse event, it features the villain Morlun trying to wipe out all Spider-men (and women) across all of existence at the same time.
- Spider-Verse kicks off in Superior Spider-Man #32. Superior Spider-Man finds himself trapped in the year 2099! Can you say Miguel O’Hara? The issue is written by Dan Slott and Christos Gage with art by Giuseppe Camuncoli and Adam Kubert.
- If you have seen the big image, you know who will be part of the event – Miles Morales, Spider-Ham, Peter Parquagh, Superior Spider-Man, MC2 Spider-Girl, Japanese Spider-Man, and more (Spider-Man Noir and Spider-Gwen for example).
- Look for the Scarlet Spiders and Spider-Verse Team-Up miniseries during the big event.
- Scarlet Spiders will feature Ben Reilly, Kaine, and Jessica Drew from the Ultimate Universe. The three-issue mini-series will be writen by Mike Costa with art by Paco Diaz. The mini-series kicks off in November.
- Spider-Verse Team-up will feature a story by Christos Gage and Dave Williams and a second story by a rotating group of writers and artists.
- Have you picked up Spider-Man 2099 #1? (the new series by Nick Lowe, not the issue from 1999). Miguel is in the present time working for Alchemex. Issue #5 will be the Spider-Verse tie-in issue.
- No idea why the panel talked about Daredevil (perhaps because Mark Waid was moderating the panel), but issue #6 ties into Original Sin, features Matt Murdock finding his mother (who is being extradited to Wakanda), and deals with some “real issues.”
- Speaking of Original Sin, we all know by now that there was another person bitten by the radioactive spider that gave Peter Parker his powers. She’s been locked up for years, and we’re about to see what Silk is all about.
- Readers will get to know more about Overdrive in issue #14 of Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
- The Edge of Spider-Verse series kicks off in October and will be weekly for five weeks. First week will feature Spider-Man Noir, week two has Spider-Gwen, and week three has a non-Peter Parker Spider-Man (Spider-Ham perhaps?). Issue #4 arrives in November and is by Clay McLeod Chapman, and Elia Bonnetti. The final issue features an alternate universe Spider-Man called SPI//dr.
- Spider-Man teams up with Ms. Marvel in Amazing Spider-Man #7. Also look for a new hero – Spider UK.
- MC2 Spider-Girl shows up in Amazing Spider-Man #8.
- “There’s rough stuff in store for every Spider character you’ve ever cared about! I’m very sorry,” said Dan Slott.
- Spider-Man Unlimited, will be a mobile game app that launches in September, and looks to be a Temple Run type game. Players will be able to play 23 different Spider-Men.
- No Spider-Man co-created by Sony (movies, and CGI cartoons) will appear in the Spider-Verse event.
- Spider-Verse affects everything! That’s according to Dan Slott.
This May, the character that took the world by storm returns for a brand-new series in MILES MORALES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1. Legendary writer Brian Michael Bendis and New York Times Bestselling artist David Marquez are back for “Revival” – one of the biggest Spider-Man stories of the year!
Miles is back in action with a new status quo and a brand new outlook. But his new lease on life is short lived, as one of Peter Parker’s greatest foes returns to the fold, ready to leave New York City a smoldering ruin! S.H.I.E.L.D. is no more – and it’s up to Miles to take down one of the most dangerous foes in the entire Ultimate Universe!
And Miles will come face to face with Peter Parker’s legacy in a way you’ve never seen before – with a last page so shocking that EVERYONE will be talking!
“Spider-Man’s greatest enemy will haunt Miles Morales,” says editor Mark Paniccia, “and in more ways than one. This is going to break all kinds of molds. Readers are going to flip.”
“The reaction to Miles is one of the great joys of my life and career. I am so excited to join David [Marquez] and Justin [Ponsor] for the next and the new,” says series writer Brian Michael Bendis. “I am going to have to unplug my computer when this issue ships…”
As Miles new journey begins, he’ll go head-to-head with one of the greatest Spidey villains in history, not to mention a last page that will have USM fans screaming! You do not want to miss one of the biggest issues of the year when MILES MORALES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1 explodes into comic shops this May!
Marvel has released information on its November-shipping title and it appears that yet another major "comic book event" is about to erupt in the Marvel Universe, though this time its Marvel’s Ultimate line that is affected. Every single book in Marvel’s Ultimate line in November has been repurposed to tell the story of the Cataclysm event, which pits the massive and mighty Galactus against the Ultimates.
The chief architect of this event appears to be top Marvel scribe Brian Michael Bendis. In addition to the three-issue Cataclysm: Ultimates mineseries, Bendis is also penning the crucial five-issue Cataclysm: The Ultimates Last Stand series, as well as a 3-issue Cataclysm: Ultimate Spider-Man. One other key bit of news to come out of Marvel’s November solicitations is the return of Miles Morales, who puts his costume back on after mourning the tragic death of his mother.
The only other "Ultimate" titles listed for November are the first issues of the 3-issue Cataclysm Ultimates series, and the 3-issue Cataclysm: Ultimate X-Men series, both of which are being written by Joshua Hale Fialkov.